Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Review - Living Again (Living Again, #1) by L.L. Collins




Synopsis:

Kayley Carson thought she had it all...married to the love of her life, a great job, and a baby on the way. Then one day, her life changes forever when she loses her husband in a tragic accident. No longer sure how to navigate life after her enormous loss, Kayley clings to her newborn baby, her family, and her friends to keep herself living.

When she meets someone that challenges her belief that she's better off alone, she has to decide if she is capable of letting him in after swearing she was never going to love anyone the same way again.

She's not the only one with a painful past. He is struggling with trust issues after a previous relationship went horribly wrong. After a terrible misunderstanding brings out both of their insecurities, will the painful memories of the past keep them both from living again?

Buy Links:

                   



My Review - 4.5 Stars:


I just love when an author can write in such a way that I ride the emotions right along with the characters, and L.L. Collins had me riding right along with every emotion that her characters lived through. From Kayley’s heartache, which had me reaching for the tissues, to all the hopes and fears she lived through as she had to learn to live again, I was so caught up in the story it felt like I was living through events right alongside Kayley.

I could easily see all of the relationships in the book happening in real life, which I think is one of the things that really made this book work for me. From Emily, Kayley’s best friend, to Kayley’s family, it was easy to relate to every character. Alexis was too cute for words, and she definitely stole the page whenever she was around! Even the perfect “Dr. Yummy” Ben had his flaws and issues he needed to deal with, making the story that much more real.

This was a fabulous read and I’m looking forward to the next book in the series.

Some quotes from the book I loved:
"We're all a little broken. We just need the right glue to be put back together again."
"What I told you that day at the therapy center was true, Kayley. We're both broken, in different ways. We can understand the feeling of loss that we both have endured. I think, though, that when the right person comes along, the cracks can start to fill in again, and pretty soon, you can't even hardly see them anymore."
"See, while I think you could go anywhere and make a difference in the world, what is really the most important is making a difference to the people that mean the world to you."
"But I knew you were it. From the moment I saw you, even though I tried to deny it myself, I knew I was in love with you. Like I told you before, it wasn't just that you were the most beautiful woman in the world. I just knew that I had this connection to you that was unexplainable. It was like I needed to know you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Romance Book Search

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...