Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Review - Night Child (Night, #3) by Lisa Kessler


Synopsis:


A psychic gift... 

Muriah La Deaux's latest job requires her to locate an ancient codex detailing a prophecy of an immortal birth. But before she can deliver it, her client is brutally murdered. Now a man with chaos in his eyes wants the codex she's hiding.

An immortal child... 

Issa is one of the original Night Walkers, a proud protector of the mortal world. Now, when the survival of his entire race rests on protecting an unborn child, Issa is the only immortal strong enough to protect Muriah on a risky mission--locate the lost scrolls that will trap their foe--but his tenuous grasp on his sanity is slipping. 

The ultimate sacrifice... 

Muriah's headstrong spirit awakens feelings in Issa that are best left buried. But as the battle between love and chaos ensues, sacrifices must be made...


My Review - 5 Stars:

Once again Lisa Kessler captures me with her words and has me riding the waves of emotions with her characters. I don’t know how she does it, but every time I read one of her books I can’t help falling in love with her characters and becoming emotionally invested in her story. I just love the world of the Night Walkers that she has created and couldn't be happier at the ending she has crafted for the conclusion to this series.



I just loved Issa and Muriah. They were so perfect for each other on so many levels. Being a god, Issa needed someone who wasn't afraid to stand up and remind him that he was more than just the god of sacrifice, and Muriah was more than up to the task. It was wonderful to see the two of them learn to trust and let each other in. I also liked the fact that despite all that Issa has been through, he acknowledges his feelings for Muriah and commits to them with very little drama. Muriah had a harder time with her feelings which sometimes got frustrating, but I loved how Issa got beneath her defenses and helped her begin the healing process to accept love.




I loved all the other characters in this book, from the other Night Walkers, to the Fraternidad, to the “mortals” who have befriended the Night Walkers. I loved the budding romance between Zafrina and Lori, and watching the continued love stories of Calisto and Kate and Lukas and Gretchen.




I can’t say enough about this book, other than tell you that you need to read this series! Thank you Lisa Kessler for another great read!I own a copy of this book but have also received an advance copy from the publisher for an honest review.





Get the rest of the books in the Night Series:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Romance Book Search

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...