Friday, May 23, 2014

Review - Yours Truly, Taddy (The Undergrad Years, #2) (Invitation to Eden) by Avery Aster



Synopsis:

Jetting to Martinique for a modeling assignment with three of Europe’s hottest magazine photographers—Gustave, Fabian, and Leon—should’ve been easy, breezy beautiful. Never did I expect to look up and see a hole in the ceiling of our plane that was bigger in size than my Birkin bag.

Shit! We’re nose-diving toward Eden Island. I pictured how my New York Times obituary might read when I’m gone, “Taddy Brill, Manhattanite, dethroned descendant of the Austrian House of Brillford royalty, dies at age eighteen, penniless, unloved, and a virgin.” I swear this crap only happens to me. Suddenly, Leon pulls me with Fabian and Gustave. Adrenaline racing through me, our bodies clung as one. We prepared to…crash. 

The Undergrad Years is a New Adult contemporary miniseries about first loves, independence, and everlasting friendships. 

Reader warning: Contains mature content intended for readers 17 and up.


Buy Links:

             



My Review - 4 Stars:

Another quirky, fun read in the Undergrad series. I just love the characters and situations that Taddy and her friends find themselves in – there is never a dull moment! And what a way to get an Invitation to Eden…this island certainly seems like lots of fun! 

I love Taddy – she is strong and determined to succeed, even if her parents basically abandoned her after dropping her off at boarding school when she was 13. And when she finds herself in a life or death situation, well, who can blame a girl for not wanting to die with her “V” card?!!

Even though there are some pretty serious topics covered in this series, Avery Aster finds a way to tell her story giving the reader lots of laughs but without minimizing the seriousness of the situations that this group of friends has had to face.

Looking forward to find out what is next for the Undergrad group!

Review copy provided by NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Romance Book Search

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...