Sunday, June 1, 2014

Review - Opening Act by Suleikha Snyder




Opening Act
by Suleikha Snyder
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: May 27, 2014
Publisher: Entangled: Select






Reporter Saroj Shah has been in love with bass player and bartender Adam Harper since her first day of college—seven years ago. Forever thinking of her as part-friend and part-little sister, he’s just been too blind, and too clueless, to see it. Until one pivotal moment pulls her into the spotlight.

The moment Saroj steps on stage, Adam sees his friend in a new light. He can’t take his mind off of her and realizes they could make beautiful music together. But seven years is a long time and Saroj is ready to move on. Adam will have to hit the right note if he wants to prove to Saroj he was worth the wait.





                  

          




This was a quick read that had lots of promise, but for some reason I just couldn't fully connect with the characters. I loved the premise of the book – unrequited love/friends to lovers, but I think it just took me too long to make any sort of connection to the story.

I love Saroj’s strength and really appreciated the fact that she was pretty straight-forward with Adam about her feelings – of course it took her seven years to get there, but once she commits to letting Adam know how she feels she really does her best to lay it all out there. Adam was an interesting character. Because he feels he can never be the right man for Saroj, he has placed her high up on the friend pedestal. It was fun watching him realize that his feelings may run a bit deeper than he realized – even if he made me want to smack some sense into him for being such a guy at times!

I'd be remiss if I didn't at least mention JR - I think he was my favorite character and I would love to see his story written!

Even though I wasn't fully connected to the story, I enjoyed the book and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good friends to lover story with a strong female lead.

I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for an honest review.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Romance Book Search

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...